Has this happened to any of you where you can’t get a song out of The head? I’ve got the one by The Isley Brothers, “It’s Your Thing” and it’s been going around and around in my head all morning. I may just have to give in and do my work-out to it, although I’m not sure how it’s going to go with my yoga stretches 🙂
It did give me an idea for this blog, though. I’m always writing about how much fun L and I have traveling and since neither she nor I are made of money, we work very hard on finding the most fun places for the best deals. For us, half of the fun is putting together the trip and seeing where we can go and what we can do per dollar. Interesting statistic: According to the US Travel Association, Boomers make up 36 percent of all leisure travelers and 38 percent of business travelers each year! Those are some pretty impressive numbers. This was as of Jan ’13.
So, anyway, I thought I would share our favorite planning websites. I know I always like it when I start working on a project like a trip, and everything is all in one place. Most of the sites are available for anyone to use, although they do tend to be targeted toward Boomer travelers. You will find good information, discounts and deals on them. Have a great trip!!
- Baby Boomers Traveling – This is a great site for the latest information on things like gas prices, or currency exchange rates. Good tips from folks who’ve been there.
- Baby Boomer Trips – Great trip ideas, discounts, advice, etc.
- Velvet Escape – This is a general travel site, but has wonderful advice and information on exotic locales all over the world. Comprehensive information and the areas, accommodations, and things to do.
- AARP Travel – AARP always does these sites well and this one is no exception. Very good details, discounts, and information.
- Vacations to Go – We use this one often to book our trips. Can really get some good deals for package trips here.
- Cruise Critic – This is a good site for cruise deals.
- Senior Travel – This is a good site if you’re an older Boomer, especially for discounts and deals.
- Armed Forces Vacation Club – This site is available only to active and retired members of the military and their families and Department of Defense employees and their families